This e-learning workshop explores the algorithmic trading of cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin. Participants will receive Python source code and data for backtesting. Gemini Exchange’s Sandbox environment will be used, which offers full exchange functionality using test funds, for testing API connectivity and the execution of strategies.
This course will be conducted by Nick Kirk, and moderated by Ernest Chan. Our e-learning workshop is designed to give you everything you need to know to get started and includes:
- Online course module (6 hours), source code and data
- Direct access to the trainer for assistance
- Introduction to Cryptocurrencies (e.g. bitcoin)
- Ethereum and other crypto technologies (e.g. blockchain)
- Cryptographic Hashing and Public Key Cryptography
- Mining and Proof of Work
- Bitcoin price dynamics and drivers
- Security on exchanges
- Gemini Exchange and their Sandbox environment
- RESTful and WebSocket APIs
- Asynchronous messaging
- Streaming and collecting data from the exchanges
- Checking account balances and private account information
- Executing orders
- Backtesting and strategy development, using technical analysis or machine learning
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS THE TIMELINE FOR THE COURSE?
This course is pre-recorded and available indefinitely for viewing on Adobe Connect.
HOW LONG SHOULD IT TAKE ME TO COMPLETE THE COURSE?
We provide indefinite access to the online material to give students a chance to take things at their own pace, but we expect most people to take no longer than a week to complete the course.
IS THE COURSE STILL USEFUL IF I HAVE NO INTENTION OF USING PYTHON?
Yes, the main aim of the course is to communicate the principles of cryptocurrency trading.
WHAT DOES THE ONLINE COURSE MATERIAL COMPRISE?
The online course material consists of slides with the trainer’s narration.
WILL I BE ABLE TO ASK QUESTIONS AS I GO ALONG?
Unlimited Q&A will be conducted on the course Slack channel.