This course provides delegates with knowledge of how blockchain technology is being used to revolutionise and enhance business processes and strategies, with a view to exploring investment opportunities in this area. The full potential of blockchain technology will be investigated, including cryptocurrencies, and delegates will come away with a thorough and realistic understanding of how blockchain technology will likely generate change in the short- and long-term business environment.
Who should attend: traders, investment managers, brokers and analysts.
Schedule: The course takes place over the following days, comprising three hours teaching on each day from 15:00 to 18:00 (UK time).
Monday, 17 April 2023
Tuesday, 18 April 2023
Thursday, 20 April 2023
Friday, 21 April 2023
Please note all sessions are recorded so any that cannot be attended can be taken at a later time.
Day 1: Mechanics of Bitcoin, the first blockchain
- The motivation of Bitcoin and previous attempts at digital currencies
- What is the Bitcoin Blockchain?
- Hash functions and cryptography
- How the Bitcoin Blockchain updates
Day 2: Blockchain characteristics
- “Secure”, “trustless”, “decentralization”, “consensus”, and other features
- Economic theories of function and value
- Governance issues of blockchain systems
Day 3: Ethereum and other blockchain systems
- Alternative blockchain concepts and mechanisms
- Ethereum and the concept of “smart contracts”
- Projects such as DAOs, NFTs, and “private blockchains”
Day 4: A framework for evaluating blockchain projects
- Scams, dreams, and potentially good ideas
- Case studies